Thursday, August 5, 2010

Creamy Chicken and Rice Popovers

I love finding new easy and nummy dinner ideas. This one came from the back of a Boil in Bag rice box. When I make this recipe again I'm going to add more chicken.

Creamy Chicken and Rice Popovers

1 bag Success white rice
2 cans (8 oz each) crescent rolls
1 cup cooked chicken (I bought a rotisserie chicken and picked the meat off)
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese~soft
2 tablespoons onion
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Prepare the rice according to the package directions. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Unroll dough and make 2 large squares from each pan, pressing the seams together to seal. Combine the chicken, cream cheese, onion, cheese and salt and pepper to the rice. (I put butter on the rice before I mixed it) Evenly divide mixture on dough squares. Pull each corner of the dough towards the center pressing to seal. (This is easier said than done) Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serves 4

Note: Not sure how but I came out with 6 packets? These are very filling and nummy num. The next day for lunch I reheated a packet in the microwave for 1 minute then popped it in the toaster oven for a couple of minutes so it wouldn't soggy. They were almost just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment