Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Hello Kitty Cake



One of the ladies that I work with had a birthday today (Happy Birthday Dawn) and she loves Hello Kitty, as do I, and so I had to make her a Hello Kitty cake. I have worked with fondant a ton but only using it for little things or cupcake toppers. I still need a ton a practice covering a cake with it. I was soooo stressed out last night trying to make this dumb thing, but in the end I'm happy with the way it turned out. Dawn is a rocker chic so that's why the spike collar and skull on her bow.

2 comments:

  1. Very Hello Kitty, very punk, and very very cute! Great job!

    -Jenniffer
    http://cupadeecakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello i was wondering if it would be alright to try and reproduce this for my daughters up coming 14th birthday, and post a link to yur blog on my blog?

    Thanks for the great inspiration!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete