Sunday, April 25, 2010

Trip to Mexico

My family went on vacation to Playa Del Carmen, Mexico and we chose the all inclusive plan so we didn't have to mess with finding places to eat. Well I'm not so sure that was the right thing to do because the food was not what I was expecting. They had a buffet restaurant at the resort and that is where we ate most of our meals. There was just always something a little "off" with the food. For example they had beef stroganoff and there were dill pickle slices in the sauce. Then they had meat lasagna with shredded carrots, zucchini and green beans inside the lasagna. Don't get me started about the English peas! They were in absolutely everything. But one thing they got right was the dessert.
Each dessert had a beautiful design on the plate.
This was a banana bread/pudding dessert.
Nummy strawberry ice cream.

Neapolitan ice cream cake. (Best by far)
What an $8.00 Coke???? Not really, it was 8 pecos so about .50 cents.
Mexican vanilla. I used it in some buttercream and it seems to have a more mellow taste to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment