Monday, October 12, 2009

The Ultimate Sugar Cookie Recipe


I am entering a cookie contest held every year by the Dallas Morning News. Last year was my first year to enter and I didn't win a thing! What's the saying "It's an honor just to be nominated". Uh-hum, well ok but I want to win something. :) Well in my quest to find the ultimate sugar cookie recipe (firm cookie that holds it's shape and also tastes good) I've found it.


Not sure where I found it on the Internet and there is no author....but here is the recipe:


No Fail Sugar Cookies (I halved this recipe)


6 cups flour

3 teaspoons baking powder

2 cups sugar

2 cups butter (4 sticks)

2 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 teaspoon salt


Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Mix dry ingredients and add a little at a time to butter mixture. Mix until flour is completely incorporated and the dough comes together.

Chill for 1-2 hours

Roll to desired thickness and cut into desired shapes. bake on un-greased (I used parchment paper) baking sheet at 350* for 8-10 minutes or until edges are just beginning to brown. This recipe can make up to 5 dozen 3" cookies.


Hint: Rather than wait for your cookie dough to chill, take the freshly made dough and place a glob between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll it out to desired thickness (I place two wooden dowels on either side of the dough so it comes out even) then place on a cookie sheet and pop in the fridge.

Continue rolling the rest of your dough between parchment paper until you've used it all. By the time you are finished the first batch should be chilled and ready to cut.






No comments:

Post a Comment