Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cake Balls



I apologise for it being so incredibly long since my last post. I have been in some kind of a funk that I can't shake, but hopefully now I'm starting to get back to my old self again. Anyway, I finally tried out making cake balls and man oh man do I have a long way to go. They tasted great but they could be a lot cuter. For some REALLY cute cake balls check out Bakerella.

Making the balls is really easy. First you bake a cake the way you normally would. Any flavor is fine, but I baked a chocolate cake.

Once the cake has cooled, crumble it up. Then I combined 3 ounces of soft cream cheese and 1/2 a tub of icing. Pour the icing mixture over the cake crumbs and mix until all combined.

Next you need to roll the cake into balls. I used a cookie scoop for this. Once they are in balls, freeze them for about 15 minutes. After they are rally cold, melt some almond bark in the microwave and dip the balls until they're coated. Use any decoration you want to make them cute.
I made these for the 4th so I used a lot of red, white and blue. Try different flavors like lemon cake and vanilla icing or red velvet cake and cream cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment