Saturday, July 10, 2010

Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Icing

Peanut Butter and Chocolate are such a great combo, but I have had a hard time trying to find a good peanut butter icing recipe. To experiment I just baked some chocolate cupcakes from a mix and then got the icing recipe off of allrecipes.com. I tastes really good and is very peanut buttery but the consistency isn't great. I think next time I will try Ina Garten's recipe.

Peanut Butter Icing:

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
2 cups of powdered sugar
1/3 cup cream or milk

Cream the peanut butter and butter in a mixer then add sugar and milk and mix until smooth.

Ina Garten's recipe:

1 cup powder sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
5 tablespoons butter (room temp)
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cream

Cream the peanut butter and butter in a mixer then add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment