Sunday, July 18, 2010

Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos



There is a little Mexican food restaurant in our neighborhood that my husband and I and our friends eat at almost every Friday called Norma's. They have really good food and one thing I like to get is the "hot kisses" which are jalapenos stuffed with chicken or cheese and then breaded and fried. Well I thought I would try my hand at making these minus the breading and deep frying.

First I mixed equal amounts of shredded cheddar cheese and soft cream cheese.
Then I cut slits in the jalapenos and scooped out the membranes and seeds with a spoon.
Next I shoved as much cheese as I could fit in the middle of the jalapenos.
Then I baked them in the oven at 400 degrees for about 25-35 minutes until the cheese was starting to get brown and bubbly.
The next time I make these I'm going to put pieces of tin foil in between them to help them stay cheese side up. As you can see mine kind of fell over. I have to say these were pretty darn good!

No comments:

Post a Comment