I'm always on the hunt for something good and fast for dinner. After surfing the internet one day I came across Chaos in the kitchen (a food blog) and they had a recipe for pizza bites. Well I made them for dinner tonight and they were a big hit with my family.
- 1 can refrigerated pizza dough
- 8 oz block mozzarella cheese
- thin sliced pepperoni
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- pizza or marinara sauce
- Roughly chop pepperoni. Cut block of mozzarella into cubes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a pie pan with Pam.
- Pinch off walnut sized pieces of dough.
- In each dough piece place a couple pieces of chopped pepperoni and a cube of cheese. Seal dough around meat and cheese and place seam side down in pie pan.
- Repeat, until you have filled the pie plate. (mine made 15)
- Once assembled, combine oil and spices and brush over the dough. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Now you can cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate or freeze or you can bake right away.
- When ready to bake: bake at 400°F for 16-20 min. Serve with warm pizza or marinara sauce.