Friday, January 22, 2010

Peanut Butter & Fudge Swirl Pie


Birthdays are special and I like to make the birthday boy/girl feel special by making their favorite dessert. One of the men I work with loves anything with peanut butter and chocolate. He's not a huge fan of cake so I found this recipe for a peanut butter/chocolate pie. It was good but very rich!

Peanut Butter & Fudge Swirl Pie

1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese-softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (I added 1/2 cup because I wanted a stronger peanut butter flavor)
2 cups Cool Whip
1 (6 oz) Oreo pie crust
1/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping

Beat cream cheese, sugar and peanut butter in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gently stir in Cool Whip until blended. Spoon into crust; drizzle with fudge topping. Swirl gently with a knife. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Refrigerate any leftovers.

You could also sprinkle with chopped peanuts.

At lady at work tasted this pie and liked it but she wanted to make it lighter so she made it but used low fat cream cheese, Splenda and sugar or fat free Cool Whip. I didn't taste it so I can't say for sure if it was good or not, but she really liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment