Friday, January 29, 2010

Zucchini Bread


For some reason I have really been wanting to make zucchini bread. I had an old recipe that I hadn't made in forever so I kind of tweeked it. I'll give you the original recipe then in italic I will put my substitutions. It turned out really nummy. Not overly sweet.


Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
3/4 cup veg. oil
1 1/2 cups sugar (1 cup regular sugar and 1/2 cup raw sugar)
1 teaspoon lemon zest (1 teaspoon lime zest)
1/2 teaspoon orange extract
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
(instead of the orange and vanilla extracts I used 3/4 teaspoon Bakery Emulsion)
2 cups grated un-peeled zucchini
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (I used walnuts)
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (1/4 teaspoon all spice)
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour (2 cups all purpose flour and 1/2 cup cake flour)(I only used the cake flour because I ran out of all purpose flour)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add oil and sugar and beat well. Stir in flavorings and zucchini. In another bowl combine dry ingredients and nuts. Add to zucchini. Pour into two small loaf pans or one large loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour.

Optional glaze: combine powdered sugar and lime juice, then drizzle over the bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment