Saturday, January 2, 2010

Strawberry Birthday Cake


Sorry it has been so long since I posted. As my best friend put it "I'm sick of looking at those deviled eggs". I've just been so busy with the holidays, but now I'm back. My sister-in-laws birthday was New Years Eve but we celebrated it today. She loves strawberry cake with cream cheese icing. I found this recipe on www.cooks.com. I was happy with the way it turned out. Everybody really liked it. I even heard a couple of people say it was the best strawberry cake they had ever had.


Strawberry Cake

1 white cake mix
1 (3ounce) package strawberry gelatin
2 tablespoon flour
4 eggs
1/2 cup water
5 ounces frozen strawberry (thawed) (I put mine in the blender and made a puree)
3/4 cup oil

Mix first 5 ingredients at medium speed for 2 minutes. Add strawberries to batter. Beat one minute more. Add oil and beat another minute. Bake in two 9 inch cake pans at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans.

Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing

1 (8 ounce) cream cheese
1 stick of butter
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
3/4 cup mashed strawberries

Combine cream cheese and butter in a mixer and beat until well combined. Add sugar and strawberries. Blend icing on low until sugar is incorporated.

No comments:

Post a Comment