Sunday, December 13, 2009

Homemade Sno-balls



When I was little, I loved Hostess Sno-Balls. They were so good and gooey, so when I saw a recipe for a huge one in the Food and Family magazine I was thrilled to make it. I made two small ones instead of one big one. I wanted them to be more like the original. I used a ball pan for the two halves. It turned out really good and tasted very nummy num!

Homemade Sno-Balls

1 package devil's food cake mix
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
1 egg
2 tablespoons sugar
1 package (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup cold milk
2 cups thawed Cool Whip
1 cup coconut

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare cake batter in 2 1/2 quart OVENPROOF bowl, as directed on package; scrape side of bowl. Beat cream cheese, egg and sugar until well blended. Spoon into center of batter in bowl. Bake 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in bowl for 10 minutes. Loosen cake from bowl with a knife. Invert onto wire rack. Remove bowl and let cake cool completely. Meanwhile, beat fry pudding mix, powdered sugar and milk in a medium bowl with a whisk about 2 minutes. Stir in Cool Whip. Refrigerate until ready to use. Place cake on plate; frost with pudding mixture. Cover with coconut. Keep refrigerated. (you can also tint your coconut pink for a more authentic looking snowball)




No comments:

Post a Comment