Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pecan Tassies (or as I like to call them-Baby Pecan Pies)




For the holidays I made an assortment of cookies. Pecan Tassies were one of the cookies I made and they are fantastic! (if I do say so myself) I'm not even a huge fan of pecan pie but these cute little guys are so good, and very easy!

Pecan Tassies

2 refrigerated pie crust (get the rolls of pie crust to make it easier to cut)
3/4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter-melted
1 egg-slightly beaten
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt
1/4 cup of chopped pecans (I used slightly more)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray mini muffin pans with vegetable spray. Roll out pie crust 1/8 inch thick. Cut 2 inch circles; press into bottom and up sides of prepared pan cavities. IN small bowl combine sugar, butter, egg, vanilla and salt. Mix well. Stir in pecans. Spoon 1 teaspoonful of mixture into pie crusts. (Don't over fill) Bake 15-20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove to cooling grid and cool completely. Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment