Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread



It cracks me up that putting pineapple in anything automatically makes it "Hawaiian". When I worked in a nursery, one of the sweet mothers would bring us this banana bread and we would devour it in seconds. I had to have the recipe and I have been making it ever since.

Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread

3 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (I used walnuts)
3 eggs-beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups ripe mashed bananas (I put 4 small bananas)
1 8 ounce can of crushed pineapple-drained
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Combine first 5 ingredients. Stir in nuts. Combine remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir just until moistened. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cool for 10 minutes. Then eat it! It's so nummy num!

No comments:

Post a Comment