Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Take your pick

My husband's work is throwing a Thanksgiving pot luck tomorrow and he volunteered me to make the dessert. I was excited to make something for them, but my husband told me "Don't make it to pretty cuz it's just a bunch of guys". Well I didn't want it to be ugly so I thought of doing a pretty basic cake and amp it up with ganache dripping down and strawberries. I really hope they like it. The ganache recipe follows:

Ganache

6 ounces (1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup of heavy cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
small pad of butter

Melt everything in a small saucepan and stir constantly until smooth. Let it cool for a couple of minutes before pouring it over your favorite.

The cakes above are devil's food with butter cream icing and french vanilla with chocolate icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment