Monday, November 16, 2009

Nummy num potato casserole

My in-laws had a cook out for the football game and I brought these potatoes. They were a big hit and I was asked for the recipe. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of them.

Potato Casserole

1 32 ounce package of frozen hash browns
1 small jar of Cheese Whiz (sorry I don't know the exact size)
1 cup of sour cream
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 can of water
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup of butter
dried onions to taste
For the topping:
1/4 cup of butter
2 cups of corn flakes (trust me it's good!)

Mix all of the top ingredients together (except the ingredients for the topping) and put into a greased 13X9 pan. In a medium sized bowl melt butter and pour over the corn flakes until well coated then sprinkle on top of the potato mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment